Gå til innhold

Sunset Beach! Mimring om den legendariske serien!

AnonymBruker

Anbefalte innlegg

Mystery of A.J, part 2:

Olivia, Cole and Caitlin had just arrived, and they had heard Elaine's remark.
Olivia: "What are you talking about, Elanie?"

Elaine: "Fools! This guy is not Armando Deschanel Jr.! Olivia, why do you believe that this dork is AJ?"

Olivia: "What - this is not the real AJ?? Uh, I don't know - he said he was AJ! I have to admit that I was a little drunk at the time when we met again, and I hadn't seen him in almost 25 years so I just did not have any reason not to believe him! He looks a little bit like AJ did at least, although it's difficult to know what one will look like after so many years, and he talks at least a bit like AJ did. And he seemed to know everything about me, and to know everything that AJ was supposed to know! And he saved me from committing suicide.. I just never found any reason to doubt that he really was AJ. Never thought of it! Are you sure this is not him? What makes you so sure?"

Elaine: "I'll tell you why! AJ was smart, sexy, a gentleman, a Deschanel - what can I say, he was the perfect man both in looks and personality. A real ladies man. No, he was THE ladies man. Just one look at this fake AJ we've got here tells me that he is so far from this description that this is all ridiculous! Like anyone could fall for this man!"

Bette: "But.... but.. "
Fake AJ just stood there, looking down. He didn't say a word.

Cole: "Hm, I think this explains a great deal. All the wonderful things I heard about my father, and when I finally met him I just couldn't help it but wondering about what anyone ever saw in that boring dork."

Elaine: "Olivia, I will never understand why you believed that guy over there was Armando Deschanel Jr.!"

Olivia: "Well, like I said, I was drunk. But anyway, now everything is getting clearer. Yes, like Cole said - things make perfect sense now! For instance, the real AJ would NEVER choose Bette over me. NOBODY would choose Bette over me. NOBODY would choose Bette at all!"

Bette: "What??"

Caitlin: "You're right mom. I mean - I remember the time that creep Eddie Connors found out that Bette supposedly had an affair with Cole when he just had come to Sunset Beach. Strangely enough, we all believed it. Of course now we all know what really happened... But anyway - it is absolutely RIDICULOUS that anyone could believe that a hot young stud like my Cole would sleep with someone like Bette. What were we thinking??"

Elaine: "Spot on there, Caitlin. This leads to an important conclusion. Olivia is a so-called MILF, which means she is attractive to all kinds of men - old, middle-aged as well as young. And so am I, by the way! But Bette?? Come on! Bette, you are most definitely not a MILF. You just don't have that quality that Olivia and I have."

Bette: "What? Are you suggesting that men don't like me? I have been married seven times, remember!!"

Olivia: "Yes, but you've lost it! These days, only old men or stupid middle aged men, like this fake AJ, would want to be in a relationship with you. And nobody else."

Cole: "I cannot believe why nobody noticed this fraud! Gregory, for instance?"

Olivia: "Well, Gregory has always been wondering about what women saw in AJ, so maybe he didn't notice any big difference."

Caitlin: "How about you, Bette, why did you also believe that this guy really was Armando Deschanel Jr.? Just because my mom said so? Didn't you know him back then?"

Bette: "No, I didn't know AJ that well. But I certainly was in love with him, or at least I was admiring him. I cannot believe this!"

Elaine: "So when someone comes here claiming to be AJ and he wants you then of course you say yes. I understand - how desperate are you!"

Olivia: "Stop it, Elaine.. I think Bette has had enough. Of course, it must be sad for her to realize that she really didn't join the "I've slept with Armando Deschanel Jr."-club. High five, Elaine!"

Elaine: "Yeah! High five!"

Cole: "Okay, that's enough! Stop teasing Bette, she's having a hard enough time right now as it is. But who is this guy anyway? And why has he made us believe that he is Armando Deschanel Jr.?"

Olivia: "Yes, fake AJ - we want an explanation!"

Anonymkode: 57a61...dcc

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

Mystery of A.J., part 3:

Fake AJ: "Uh...well, eeeh...."

Elaine: "Oh, come on - you boring, uncharismatic man! Get on with it!"

Bette: "But.. but.."

Caitlin: "I know who he is! Adam Carrington from Denver, Colorado!"

Olivia: "Oh, please, that's just some character from that Dynasty-show we used to watch.

Caitlin: "Okay, but he sort of reminds me of him."

Fake AJ: "Adam who? Don't think so. Well, anyway - what this Elaine says is true. I'm not Armando Deschanel Jr. And I was afraid this was going to happen. It worked so well with Olivia, Bette and Gregory and everything, but this Elaine... It's true that I have never been any ladies man, so I was a little surprised about how I suddenly, just because of a name, could get a few naive women on the hook!"

Vanessa was also around, and she had been eavesdropping.
Vanessa: "AJ! AJ! Is it true that you are not the real AJ! Who are you! Olivia! Bette! How did you not notice! Elaine! What do you feel about all this? Cole! How does it feel to be tricked like this! AJ... "

Everyone altogether: "SHUT THE H… UP AND GET OUT OF HERE!", and the staff threw Vanessa out.

Cole: "But tell us - WHY have you done this? What was your agenda? What have you been trying to accomplish?"

Fake AJ: "Ah, I have been seeking revenge, of course. What else?"

Elaine: "Revenge? Against whom? Bette..? I don't get it!"

Fake AJ: "No, no. Against the real Armando Deschanel Jr., naturally. He took everything from me!"

Olivia: "What? How?"

Fake AJ: "Well, I used to be married, and I had a family - and a wife. I accidentally found an old diary of hers, very well hidden, and although it's wrong, you know you just have to take a look. Anyway, this AJ Deschanel-guy was mentioned. Now, I knew she had an affair years ago, but I forgave her. But in this diary it seemed as if this had been going on a little longer than I had realized. Even before my son Leo was born. I became suspicious, and I got some samples from my son, and secretly I had a paternity test done. And the test made clear that I am not his father."

Olivia: "ZzZzZ, I'm about to fall asleep. What a boring story. This fake AJ-guy is just boring, and he is not that good in bed either. No matter his wife cheated on him!"

Bette: "But... but...."

Elaine: "But Olivia, didn’t you want him as well? I mean, after he 'returned'? How do you explain that?"

Olivia: "Well, he saved my life. I am still very thankful. When someone saves your life, you just feel like you owe them everything, you know. So I tolerated some bad performances in bed. But of course, now I realize that he is just plain dull, so I'm glad we have Bette around to keep him away from any other of the women in Sunset Beach."

Bette: "But... but..."

Cole: "Aah, stop fighting and let him finish his story! So, you thought Leo was the son of the real Armando Deschanel Jr.?"
Fake AJ: "Yes. I had a fight with my wife because of all this, she denied everything. And she took off and we haven’t spoken in years."

Cole: "But why did you even come to Sunset Beach? And why impersonate AJ?"

Fake AJ: "First of all, I decided to check if this AJ really was my son's biological father. I tried to track him down, but all I got was some information about Sunset Beach. I saw this advertisement in the Sunset Beach paper, the Sentinel, about this guy who claimed to be a successfull private detective."

Bette: "Who - Eddie?? MY Eddie?"

Fake AJ: "Why yes, Eddie Connors. You know him?"

Olivia: "He was an infamous character around here, alright."

Fake AJ: "Yes, so I hired him, and he told me everything that was to know about Armando Deschanel Jr. I looked at pictures of AJ, and although I'm not that exciting a man, my looks aren't THAT different from his, so I thought I should go to Sunset Beach and try to see if I could get everyone to believe that I was him. Eddie even got me some old video-footage of him from the news or something, so that I knew how he talked and behaved."

Cole: “But Leo! He knew that you were a faker?”

Fake AJ: “He didn’t understand anything. Still thinks I’m his father, I believe. I told him about Cole being my son and his half brother, which is true, and I gave him some ridiculous reason why I wanted to be incognito and that I chose to call myself AJ Deschanel when I was here in Sunset Beach.”

Elaine: "But again - why? Revenge? How?"

Fake AJ: "Come on, don't you see? This AJ was a real legend. I thought that I would get my revenge by impersonating him, and ruin his legendary status. Make everyone think, like 'Oh, that AJ Deschanel was quite a guy I was told, but look at this - he is really just a boring idiot!' And then choose a woman like Bette to be with. I think people around were shaking their heads when they were told that the legend AJ Deschanel moved in with Bette!"

Olivia: "So that's why you chose Bette. I'm not surprised! But do you really like her - I mean, the real you? Or did you just get involved with her to drag AJ's name down into the mud?"

Fake AJ: "Well, I like to have someone with me in bed at night. Bette is fine. I'm not that demanding."

Olivia: "But how did you get on that boat? How did you know I was there?"

Fake AJ: "It was easier than I could have imagined. I had Eddie follow Olivia, and he told me she was getting on this boat, so I just followed her. And something good happened from all this - I saved her life. She really believed I was AJ, and Gregory and Bette and nobody else seemed to think otherwise when Olivia introduced me. Only Eddie knew the truth, and a couple of months later he was trying to blackmail me to get more money, but seems like someone got ahead of me and killed him before I got a chance to. So my secret was safe. Until now, that is."

Cole: "But did you really know that Armando Deschanel Jr. was the biological father of your children?"

Fake AJ: "Yes. I got a hair-sample from you, Cole. And I had you tested against Leo. And there was no doubt. You were a perfect match. You two have the same father, and knowing that you are the son of the real Armando Deschanel Jr. meant that it was true that he really was the biological father of Leo as well. My wife and I worked so hard to get Leo. And he’s not even mine. I have nothing left. That AJ took everything from me! But anyway - when I heard this Elaine, Cole’s mother, should come, I knew there could be trouble. But I couldn't refuse to meet her. And my fear was not uncalled for."

Elaine: "No, it wasn't. There is nothing more for you in Sunset Beach now. I think you had better leave and never return to this part of the world ever again. If not you'll probably going to end up in prison."
Fake AJ said goodbye and left, and they never saw him again.

Cole: "Quite a story, I have to say. But what I'm really wondering about now - the guy who really is my father - if he is still alive, where is he?"

Armando Jr.: "I'm right here!"  
Everyone turned around - yes, the real Armando Deschanel Jr. had been sitting behind them and he had been watching everything.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mystery of A.J., 4th and last part:

AJ put down the newspaper he was hiding behind at his table, stood up and went towards them. He was elegant, still dark haired, and tall-looking without really being that tall, and just spectacularly handsome.
Elaine: "AJ.. !!"

Armando Jr.: "Yes, it really is me - I'm so excited to be back in Sunset Beach, and I'm so excited to see you again, Elanie! And you too, Olivia!"

Elaine: "So it really was you who sent me that message?"

Armando Jr: "Yes, and I'm so glad everything worked out just as I had planned."

Olivia: "What..wait a second - Elaine, you KNEW? About all this?"

Elaine: "Well, I didn't know anything for sure, but I suspected that something was going to happen."

Olivia: "Yes, why did you really come to Sunset Beach, Elaine? And what is this message you are talking about?"

Elaine: "I got a message in writing telling me that I had to come to Sunset Beach. It was from AJ – I recognized his handwriting so I knew it was him - and he wanted me to come and meet him. I thought about it, and found out that I would go, and so I called 
Cole and told him I was coming."

Olivia: "So did you suspect anything?"

Elaine: "Well, not at first, but when Cole told me that AJ and Bette were together, I just felt that there really had to be something very wrong!"

Bette: "But...but..."

Elaine: "So when I met that fake AJ, I really wasn't that surprised. And of course, I knew that I got the letter from the real AJ, so I'm not surprised to see him here now either! But I sure would like to hear your story as well, AJ!"

Bette: "I don't understand anything!"

Olivia: "I'm wondering why I'm not surprised, Bette."

Armando Jr.: "Easy now, ladies. Okay, you know what kind of a person I am. Just wandering around looking for excitement. It's what I have been doing all my life. Sunset Beach was great, it's where I have my greatest memories from. But back then I felt I had to leave. Gregory made it impossible for me to stay around. And I had a strong disagreement with my mother, so I decided to try my luck elsewhere, on my own. But a couple of months ago, I decided that enough was enough. Being all around the world, doing business, both legit and not, and having endless affairs with women... Let's say that I grew tired of this life. I wished to settle down, and when I heard in the news that Gregory Richards was put behind bars for murder, I decided that it was time to return to Sunset Beach."

Elaine: "And so you found out about this impostor?"

Armando Jr.: "Of course. I read some issues of the Sentinel, and I was shocked to see AJ Deschanel mentioned, and reading further issues it seemed as if this impostor had been around for some time." 

Olivia: "And I guess the shock became even greater when you realized that your impostor lived with Bette!"

Armando Jr.: "Stop it, Olivia. Well, it wasn't difficult to discover his agenda. I know I had tons of affairs with married women, and I'm sorry about what happened to this guy's family because of me. But I really couldn't understand why everyone believed that this guy was me! Of course, 25 years is a long time, but still.."

Elaine: "But you knew that I would suspect something was wrong?"

Armando Jr.: "That's right. I mean, I decided that I had to get rid of this impostor the smoothest way possible. I knew Elaine would get the work done for me, and I was right. She told him off, and now he has left and he will probably never be looking back, and knowing that he will not be around to get revenge, I can step into the light again."

Elaine: "Oh, AJ!"

Olivia: "Ohh, AJ!"

Bette: "Ohhh.... AJ!"

Armando Jr.:"It's really wonderful to be here again. Sunset Beach always lied there, in the back of my head. And heart. And there was someone there I never really could forget."

Bette: "Ohhh.. AJ!"

Olivia: "Haha, as if he is talking about you, Bette! Get real!"

Bette: "But.. but... You think you're the one he is having in mind?"

Olivia: "Yes, I do. But the only thing I know for certain is that he wouldn't have touched you even if you had been wearing coveralls with a plastic bag covering your face!"

Armando Jr.: "Stop it, Olivia. I didn't have anyone of you in mind."

Olivia: "But... but..."

Armando Jr.:"Well, before I came here, I went and visited my mother. She told me lots of stuff, most importantly that I had a son in Sunset Beach. I mean, I probably have many children here... and many more around the globe, but still - this was Elaine's son. I'm looking forward to getting to know you, Cole. I'm sorry about everything, but I had no idea you existed until a month a go."

Cole: "I understand, it's not as if I feel that I need a father, but it would be interesting getting to know you, at least compared to how it was getting to know this uninteresting, boring impostor who everyone said was my father."

Caitlin: "But didn't Julianna know about that fake AJ?"

Armando Jr.: "No Caitlin, she has not read a thing about Sunset Beach since this trial Elaine went through. So she knew nothing about him."

Olivia: "Cut the chatter - now tell us who you had in mind before!"

Armando Jr.: "I hope nobody will be surprised when I say that Elaine always was my favourite girl. So, Elaine - care come back to Sunset Beach now for good - and perhaps in time give it a go between us like back in the old days.. ?"

Elaine: "Yes, AJ - yes!"
Bette and Olivia was looking down, as AJ and Elaine went towards the entrance holding hands, with Cole and Caitlin smiling as they watched Cole's parents leaving the restaurant together.

Tilleggsinfo:

The real AJ is supposed to be the AJ we learned to know BEFORE Gordon Thomson's character entered the show. I wanted to bring the real AJ back to life, because Thomson's AJ simply didn't work. The AJ we got to know wasn't good enough. That was the purpose of this story.

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Så har jeg en enda større historie, som er en slags fortsettelse av denne, over 10 deler med tittelen «Gregory needs help», hvor mange nye hemmeligheter om farskap m.m. blir avslørt.. Pluss mange flere dikt.

Sunset Beach forever!

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Tim: skikkelig luring. Cole: HOT Meg: pen Ben: kjekk

Det husker jeg at jeg tenkte da jeg så på dette i 7 klasse 😅 Syns fremdeles Cole er hot, det samme var vel han presten som likte Gabi. Var det ikke siste episode Meg våknet og mye av serien liksom bare hadde vært en drøm, eller husker jeg feil? 

Anonymkode: 5ec9b...c7b

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

4 timer siden, AnonymBruker skrev:

Var det ikke siste episode Meg våknet og mye av serien liksom bare hadde vært en drøm, eller husker jeg feil? 

Anonymkode: 5ec9b...c7b

Nesten!

Hun drømte at det var en drøm. Dvs produsentene prøvde å lure seerne. Hun våknet visstnok i Kansas og det viste seg at de tre årene i Sunset Beach var en drøm. Men til slutt våknet hun hos Ben, og det viste seg at hun hadde drømt at det var en drøm :)

• Liker 6
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Jeg forelsket meg i navnet Caitlin, grunnet denne serien. Bare synd navnet ikke passer i Norge.

Anonymkode: 1d9dc...cc1

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Åååå, dette var artig å lese! Skikkelig nostalgi fra ungdomsskolen, hehe. Jeg og venninnene mine fulgte slaviske med på serien. Har tenkt på den mange ganger i ettertid, nynnet på kjenningsmelodien osv. Hehe.

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Så sykt mye dere husker! 

Ble ikke Ben byttet ut i serien på et eller annet tidspunkt? Mener jeg husker at jeg ble så skuffet over den nye skuespilleren. 

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

På 4.7.2020 den 19.58, AnonymBruker skrev:

Ben og Meg! Og Maria, da. Anine, the villainess! Bens onde tvillingbror Derek, legendarisk! Svindler-politimannen Eddie Connors! Den «tøffe» rappe-helten Sean Richards, spilt av produsentens sønn! Cole som lå med moren (Olivia) og datteren (Caitlin)!

Hva er ditt mest legendariske minne fra denne superserie?! Annie som stjal Olivia/Coles baby og gav den til datteren Caitlin som hadde faket graviditet etter at hun spontanaborterte? Presten Antonio som lå med broren Ricardos kjæreste Gabi?

Ah, for en genial serie! Så på den hver dag på slutten av 90-tallet og begynnelsen av 00-tallet, i en tre års tid, etter skoletid. Illsint da de kansellerte den. Folk skjønte ikke serien! Den tok seg ikke høytidelig og var egentlig selvironisk mtp sjangeren.

Likte og å se på den. Men fikk ikke med meg at den var ironisk. Var minst like crazy denne som glamour. 

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Jeg husker serien først og fremst for at handlingen tok uendelig lang tid. Var i full jobb på den tida, så det kunne gå månedsvis mellom hver gang jeg så en episode. Likevel virket det som det nesten ikke hadde skjedd noe i serien. 

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

På 4.7.2020 den 20.04, Gravidnr1 skrev:

Jeg så absolutt ALLE episodene. Men ikke siste! Og har aldri fått med meg hva som skjedde. Noen som husker?

Lurer på om ikke Meg eller var det Ben som våknet opp og hadde drømt alt sammen :klo:

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

7 timer siden, neon_sun skrev:

Så sykt mye dere husker! 

Ble ikke Ben byttet ut i serien på et eller annet tidspunkt? Mener jeg husker at jeg ble så skuffet over den nye skuespilleren. 

Nei, men Meg ble byttet ut en kort periode det siste året. Da Susan Ward skulle være med i en film. Vikaren fungerte nokså dårlig.

Cole ble byttet ut. Ganske tidlig. Etter en måned. Og så ble Caitlin også byttet ut. Etter litt over et år. Det spesielle her er at de to opprinnelige skuespillerne hadde god kjemi. Mens de to «nye» ikke hadde noen kjemi sammen i det hele tatt.

Andre som ble byttet ut var Tiffany som Sean var sammen med i starten og som fant på en del spillopper. 

• Liker 3
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

1 time siden, Sola de skrev:

Lurer på om ikke Meg eller var det Ben som våknet opp og hadde drømt alt sammen :klo:

Som jeg skrev over her da en annen nevnte det samme:

Nesten!

Meg drømte at det var en drøm. Dvs produsentene prøvde å lure seerne. Hun våknet visstnok i Kansas og det viste seg at de tre årene i Sunset Beach var en drøm. Men til slutt våknet hun hos Ben, og det viste seg at hun hadde drømt at det var en drøm 

• Liker 4
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

1 time siden, AnonymBruker skrev:

Som jeg skrev over her da en annen nevnte det samme:

Nesten!

Meg drømte at det var en drøm. Dvs produsentene prøvde å lure seerne. Hun våknet visstnok i Kansas og det viste seg at de tre årene i Sunset Beach var en drøm. Men til slutt våknet hun hos Ben, og det viste seg at hun hadde drømt at det var en drøm 

Takk! 😃 Irriterende at jeg ikke fikk sett siste epis. 

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

6 minutter siden, Gravidnr1 skrev:

Takk! 😃 Irriterende at jeg ikke fikk sett siste epis. 

Ligger kanskje på YouTube?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

[1] Category widget

4 minutter siden, AnonymBruker skrev:

Ligger kanskje på YouTube?

Finner bare et lite klipp, at Meg våkner og går ned i stua, der er alle sammen og hu egentlig da skal gifte seg med Tim. Så forteller hu om drømmen, så ringer det på døra, å der står Ben. Sååååå jeg veit ikke helt om det er riktig eller ei 😂

• Liker 1
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

14 minutter siden, Gravidnr1 skrev:

Finner bare et lite klipp, at Meg våkner og går ned i stua, der er alle sammen og hu egentlig da skal gifte seg med Tim. Så forteller hu om drømmen, så ringer det på døra, å der står Ben. Sååååå jeg veit ikke helt om det er riktig eller ei 😂

Ser jo nå at det er over 2 klipp, og mere innhold. Men ikke no etter at han Ben ringer på døra.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Husker dere da Vanessa trodde hun hadde arvet en grusom sykdom fra moren sin? Hun fikk store byller i ansiktet... Og så var det Virginia som hadde puttet noe i ansiktskremen hennes? Hun gjorde det fordi hun var så sjalu på Vanessa, som var sammen med Michael. 

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

På 12.7.2020 den 15.28, Mollie skrev:

Husker dere da Vanessa trodde hun hadde arvet en grusom sykdom fra moren sin? Hun fikk store byller i ansiktet... Og så var det Virginia som hadde puttet noe i ansiktskremen hennes? Hun gjorde det fordi hun var så sjalu på Vanessa, som var sammen med Michael. 

Ja, Virginia var legendarisk. Det beste som nevnt da hun prøvde å gjøre Vanessa gravid med legen Tyus sin sæd, i Meg og Bens bryllup..

• Liker 2
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...