Gå til innhold

The English Thread

AnonymBruker

Anbefalte innlegg

I miss England too, I hope to one day move back for a year or so. I only lived there for two weeks, but I really miss it. I find myself going back there whenever I can. I was actually given a chance to move to Ireland, but the timing wasn't right. Bah. Next year, when writing my master's thesis, I plan to live there for a few weeks - at least!

Mvh Yvonne :heiajente:

Endret av Yvonne
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

I really miss the States and Canada :sukk: I really want to move there, but I don't think it'll ever happen - my life is here. But maybe in 20 years we'll move there, who knows? I'd love to live in the South, although that wouldn't work, since I'm gay and they don't really like that down there. So Canada would be a safer bet :gjeiper: A little house right outside of Vancouver, or an apartment in the city and a little cabin up in Jasper national park... *dreaming* Now that would be something!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've lived in England for the past eight months or so. The plan was to stay here for three years and move back to Norway after finishing my bachelor degree, but now I'm not sure what to do. I love Norway and my friends and family live there, but I'm also really happy here. Well, I have more than two years to decide, so I guess I'll just wait and see :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I would love to live in Canada or Australia for some years. In Canada I would be able to practice both my English and French on a regular basis. Australia just seems wonderful to me, cause all my friends who've lived there absolutely adored it.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest *Paige

I'd really love to live in a suburb to New York or Washington DC. *dreaming* Or maybe have San Francisco? Well, it's too far for me anyway, but it would definitely be just my cup of tea!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I dreamt about moving to england as a kid, as I absolutely love it there. My family has a house there so whenever I travel to the islands I stay for free.

But as I got older, I guess I became more reasonable and realised how much I'll miss this country. I mean, Norway IS a good place to live, and I'm too attached to my family and friends to just up and move all of a sudden. As of now I'm content with travelling over the seas for a couple of weeks and then come home to all things safe and familiar. We'll see what the future brings!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

My professor in French grammar shoved us how we could get an A+++ on our exam. Only that was apparently not how we were supposed to answer, so it was more confusing then helpful. :lete:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

But as I got older, I guess I became more reasonable and realised how much I'll miss this country. I mean, Norway IS a good place to live, and I'm too attached to my family and friends to just up and move all of a sudden. As of now I'm content with travelling over the seas for a couple of weeks and then come home to all things safe and familiar. We'll see what the future brings!

Same with me. I love to travel to England, and I'm looking forward to studying there, but I wouldn't wanna live there permanently. Maybe for a year or two, but I do love Norway, and I wouldn't want my future kids growing up in England.

Been such a wonderful day today, it's so warm and sunny! Been reading and working on my exam, but I took my work with me to Marinen, so I could catch some sun as well :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've had the worst day ever. It's been absolutely shite. My kids have been acting up all afternoon, and before that, my pupils acted like twats. Cheeky brats.

Please, give me a better day tomorrow...

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh, I know the feeling. Been to the hospital today after hitting my tail bone on Sunday. It hurts so bad. :(

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

I've had the worst day ever. It's been absolutely shite. My kids have been acting up all afternoon, and before that, my pupils acted like twats. Cheeky brats.

Please, give me a better day tomorrow...

:troest::sprettert:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Oh, I know the feeling. Been to the hospital today after hitting my tail bone on Sunday. It hurts so bad. :(

:troest: How did you manage to do that?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

:troest: How did you manage to do that?

Well, I was off to work, and somehow I slipped and fell straight on my bum. I didn't notice it then, well, I was sore of course, but I was taking cortisone at the time because of tenosynovitis and the doctor think that my meds was sort of disguising my real pain.

Anyway, five years ago I managed to do the same thing in a flight of stairs, I fell probably 2 meters straight on my bum. Ever since I've been struggling with my tail bone. And when I fell on Sunday it just made it worse.

Haven't been in this much pain since, well, a long time.

Endret av Yvonne
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Well, I was off to work, and somehow I slipped and fell straight on my bum. I didn't notice it then, well, I was sore of course, but I was taking cortisone at the time because of tenosynovitis and the doctor think that my meds was sort of disguising my real pain.

Anyway, five years ago I managed to do the same thing in a flight of stairs, I fell probably 2 meters straight on my bum. Ever since I've been struggling with my tail bone. And when I fell on Sunday it just made it worse.

Haven't been in this much pain since, well, a long time.

You're not allowed to say "Mvh Yvonne" in this thread.

You have to say something like; sincerely, yours truly, or just your name. :gjeiper:

Mvh doesn't belong in the English language. :fnise:

Endret av Hesitation
Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

You're not allowed to say "Mvh Yvonne" in this thread.

You have to say something like; sincerely, yours truly, or just your name. :gjeiper:

Mvh doesn't belong in the English language. :fnise:

Nah, I just do just as I please. Mohahaha. :fnise:

Oh, okay then.

Regards, Yvonne :heiajente:

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

[1] Category widget

Awww, Yvonne :klemmer: Hoping for a quick recovery. I'd give you my healthy tailbone if I could :jepp:

Don't really need it that much. Except for work. But It'd be a good excuse to get out of school. Hihi.

My day has been... some of this, some of that. The sun nearly gave me a breakdown when I sat down for a coffee at the local bar after school, and realised how steep the hill up to my house actually is. Especially in this heat. I managed though, kept the tearducts in check and got a friend of mine to walk me home. Had to serve her coffee as a thanks, but oh well, can't have cake and eat it too, right?

Just kidding of course. Had a nice day with lots of coffee and girlish chatter (about boys) and now I'm sitting here, dreading having to put my laundry up to dry, which I just now realised still rests comfortably in the washing machine. Bleh.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Mamma1 and Yvonne - and everyone else - I hope you have a good day today!

I have my last exam of the year in about three hours. It's close reading skills, which I've always disliked. At least it's not that hard, as long as I know some literary terms I can bullshit my way through the most of it.

And I hope the weather clears up - according to the forecast it's supposed to be 20 degrees and sunny right now. Well, it's not. I've been looking forward to a day in the sun without having to worry about my exams, so fingers crossed!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Gjest *Paige

Good luck on your exam! :-)

I rather enjoy literary subjects, but never enjoy having an exam in them.. :fnise: What do you study? :-)

The weather really cleared up here today, it's close to 25' c already. And I'm at work selling lamps, and melting. Those bulbs really crank up the heat!

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Good luck on your exam! :-)

I rather enjoy literary subjects, but never enjoy having an exam in them.. :fnise: What do you study? :-)

The weather really cleared up here today, it's close to 25' c already. And I'm at work selling lamps, and melting. Those bulbs really crank up the heat!

Thank you! I usually enjoy them, too, but I just find close reading so boring! I'm studying creative writing, so I've had a lot of fun modules this year like literature and rhetoric (and, of course, creative writing), so I guess I can't really complain just because I have one boring subject.

Have a good day at work! :)

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...