Gå til innhold

Sjimpanser , bedre enn oss ?

sebastianen

Anbefalte innlegg

http://www.releasechimps.org/chimpanzees/their-stories/billy-jo/#axzz1GrleMh1U

utdrag fra historien om billy :

Grow: Billy was born sometime in 1968. His first fifteen years were spent living in New York state entertaining people with his companion Sue Ellen. We know that at age 10 – long past a point where most male chimpanzees can be handled safely [an adult is eight times as strong as a human male] Billy’s caretakers took him fishing and on car rides. When his owner could no longer afford him and Susie, they were sent to LEMSIP, the Laboratory for Experimental Medicine and Surgery in Primates.

I get so mad when I think about this incredible, majestic force of nature confined to that windowless cage. There, they trashed his body. He was repeatedly ‘challenged’ with various strains of HIV and hepatitis. He was meant to die. They used him and used him, pushed and pushed until he lost his identity. How could he treat people with any respect? He would shake in his 5′x5′x7′ cage trying desperately to prevent anyone from approaching.

R&R: How was his transition to the Fauna Sanctuary?

Grow: After being betrayed by humans in both the entertainment world and in the research laboratory, he was somehow able to let himself love again…let himself give again to humans. He was somehow able to use his power to surpass all that had been done to him. He became someone we relied on. With new people, he would have his guard up, but he always seemed to have a second sense about people he could trust. He had this ability to sense people’s pain. Was that because of all the pain he had been through? I’m not sure.

Read more: http://www.releasechimps.org/chimpanzees/their-stories/billy-jo/#ixzz1UMVWzPVh

Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives

utdrag slutt .

Jeg vet jeg er mann og alt det der, men jeg får tårer i øynene .

Hvordan vesener er vi egentlig , vi "skapelsens herrer " ?

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...