Gå til innhold

Will the "True Islam" Please Stand Up!

Gjest H_Marius40

Anbefalte innlegg

Gjest H_Marius40

Fantastisk Khutbah fra Hassan Radwan

http://agnosticmuslimkhutbahs.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/will-true-islam-please-stand-up.html

I just heard on the news as I was coming for Jum'a today that there have been terrorist attacks in Tunisia, Kuwait and France. As always, I hear people declaring that these people have "absolutely nothing to do with Islam." The same is said about the ISIS butchers and the same is said about theCharlie Hebdo attacks in Paris, the attacks in Madrid, London, Bali & 911. The extremists behind all these have "absolutely nothing to do with Islam" and furthermore "they are not Muslims!"

I want to make an earnest plea to all my Muslim brothers and sisters, please, please let's stop repeating such ridiculous platitudes. Yes, I know the vast majority of Muslims reject such evil, brutal, violent & twisted interpretation of Islam, but whether we like it or not they do have something to do with Islam and denying that not only makes us look foolish but much worse than that we are ignoring the problem and avoiding tackling how we interpret and treat the Islamic texts. Because only by tackling the very nature of how we understand these texts will we be able to truly confront and defeat these violent & literalist interpretations.

These groups use the very same Qur'an & the very same books of Hadith as we do. Yes, our interpretations differ - but if we keep pretending that what they do has "Nothing to do with Islam" then we will never be able to discredit them, nor offer a convincing counter narrative?

No-one is fooled by such platitudes anymore - and I'm not just talking about non-Muslims, I'm talking about Muslims themselves. The younger generation looking for for a cause to to fight and a reason to rebel against authority. They are not fooled by our pretence that "It has nothing to do with Islam."

Muslimer må slutte å lyve til seg selv.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

Opprett en konto eller logg inn for å kommentere

Du må være et medlem for å kunne skrive en kommentar

Opprett konto

Det er enkelt å melde seg inn for å starte en ny konto!

Start en konto

Logg inn

Har du allerede en konto? Logg inn her.

Logg inn nå
  • Opprett ny...